The criteria are as follows:
- The scholarships will be awarded at the senior level. That makes students who attended community colleges eligible and can be a reward for students who progress academically and may not have been eligle for sholarships when they were freshmen.
- Three scholarships are based on financial need and two are based on merit.
- The pool of applicants is obtained from the list of students who receive a faculty/staff dependent scholarship.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Parents must have been employed at the university at least five years.
- The recipients are selected by the University Scholarship Committee.